Walter's ecology blog

My theory is that ecology is one of the most important things to defend in the world today but it is only possible if it is made possible for human beings and not only for perfect people. That's why I start this blog. I would like to share what I do and hopefully get cool input from you on what you do for a better planet. That is what I call ecology for normal people. :)

Sunday, August 20, 2006

My other blog: walter's finance blog

Just a word about my other blog and why I think it related to this one: human beings got richer than ever in the last century and this due to market economy and finance. At the same time they pose now, due to uncontrolled resource usage, a threat like no other before to the planet.

As we say in French: let's not dump the baby with the bath water. Markets are not the problem and also not the solution but they helped people get more freedom than ever. Now they have to be responsible for themselves and the others.

walter's finance blog

2 Comments:

At 5:34 AM, Blogger Adrian Kosmaczewski said...

"Markets are not the problem and also not the solution but they helped people get more freedom than ever. Now they have to be responsible for themselves and the others."

Markets are a problem, indeed. They might have helped people in the northern hemisphere to get richer, but what about the south? If the north is rich, is thanks to those in the lower part of the planisphere, let's not forget that.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Walter said...

Adrian, this has nothing in my point of view to do with market economy neither. More with wars, slavery, imposing life-styles on people and alike niceties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home





View Walter Wartenweiler's profile on LinkedIn